Having the caller’s photo pop up in full screen when you receive a call can be a useful way to quickly identify who is calling you.
However, some Android users may find this feature intrusive or distracting.
Thankfully, it’s easy to enable or disable the full-screen caller photo on Android devices.
Enable Full-Screen Caller Photo
Here are the steps to enable full-screen caller photo on Android:
- Open the Phone app on your Android device.
- Tap the 3-dot menu icon in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Toggle on “Full-screen caller photo” to enable this feature.
Once enabled, you’ll see the caller’s photo displayed in full screen whenever you receive a call.
This makes it very easy to see who is calling you without having to look closely at the name.
Disable Full Screen Caller Photo
If you want to turn off the full-screen caller photo, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app and go to Settings.
- Toggle off “Full-screen caller photo” to disable this feature.
With full-screen caller photo disabled, you’ll simply see the caller ID and name normally like before when receiving calls.
Customize Full-Screen Caller Photo
You can also customize the full-screen caller photo feature by choosing which contacts you want to see in full screen.
- Open your Contacts app and select a contact.
- Tap Edit contact.
- Toggle on “Full-screen caller photo” for that specific contact.
Now only contacts you’ve enabled full screen for will have their photo pop up.
Other callers will just show up normally.
So that’s how you can easily enable, disable, or customize the full-screen caller photo on your Android device.
Adjust the settings to your liking for the best experience when receiving calls.
Why is my caller photo not showing up in full screen?
If you’ve enabled full-screen caller photo but still don’t see photos pop up, there are a few possible reasons:
The contact doesn’t have a photo assigned. Add a photo to the contact.
You’ve disabled the full screen for that specific contact. Check the contact settings.
Your device settings or phone app settings are overriding the feature. Double-check that full-screen caller ID is enabled in the phone app.
Pros of Full-Screen Caller Photo
- Makes it very easy to identify callers at a glance.
- Helpful for people with vision issues to see who’s calling.
- A fun way to see your friends or loved ones’ faces when they call.
Cons of Full-Screen Caller Photo
- Can be distracting or intrusive for some users.
- Uses more system resources to display photos.
- Privacy concerns about showing your contacts’ pictures.