COD Mobile is one of the most popular multiplayer first-person shooter games for Android and iOS devices.
However, many users have reported getting the “Download Configuration Failed” error in COD Mobile.
This error prevents you from downloading additional resources and playing the game properly.
In this post, I will show you how to fix the Download Configuration Failed COD Mobile Android error so you can play the game again.
What Causes the “Download Configuration Failed” Error in COD Mobile?
There are a few potential causes for this error:
- Outdated game app – An outdated version of COD Mobile can cause issues with downloading additional game content and resources.
- Corrupted game files – Game files can sometimes become corrupted, leading to the download configuration failure.
- Connection issues – Problems with your internet connection, like a weak WiFi signal or limited mobile data, can interrupt the download process.
- Insufficient storage space – You may not have enough storage space on your Android device for the game to download additional resources.
How to Fix “Download Configuration Failed” in COD Mobile
1. Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing to check is your internet connection.
Make sure you are connected to a stable WiFi or fast mobile data network that allows large downloads.
If you are getting the error on a slow mobile data connection, try switching to a faster WiFi network.
2. Restart Your Phone
Restarting your Android device is a basic troubleshooting step that can resolve temporary network or app issues.
Completely power off your phone and turn it back on.
Then launch COD Mobile again and try downloading the game content.
3. Free Up Storage Space
COD Mobile requires significant storage space for all the game resources and content.
Make sure you have at least 2GB of free space available on your device.
You can uninstall unused apps and files to free up storage space.
4. Update COD Mobile to the Latest Version
Having an outdated version of COD Mobile can lead to this download error.
Go to Google Play Store, search for COD Mobile, and check if there are any pending updates.
Install the latest update and then retry downloading the game content.
5. Clear Cache and Data for COD Mobile
Clearing the cache and app data for COD Mobile will delete temporary files and reset the app.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps on your Android device.
- Select COD Mobile from the list.
- Tap Storage and then Clear Cache.
- Go back, tap Storage again, and then Clear Data.
- Launch COD Mobile again and try downloading the additional resources.
6. Reinstall COD Mobile
If none of the above fixes work, you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall COD Mobile.
This will delete all game data and remove any corrupted files.
Download the latest version of the game from Play Store and try again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does COD Mobile show download configuration failed?
The “download configuration failed” error in COD Mobile is typically caused by an unstable internet connection, outdated game version, insufficient storage space, or corrupted game files.
How can I fix COD Mobile stuck on the loading screen?
Check internet connection
Restart your phone
Update COD Mobile to the latest version
Free up storage space
Clear cache and data
What happens if I delete COD Mobile and reinstall?
Deleting and reinstalling COD Mobile will remove all game data including progress and settings.
You’ll have to start over from the beginning.
I hope this post helped you fix the “Download Configuration Failed COD Mobile Android error!
With the right troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve this issue and enjoy playing COD Mobile again on your Android device.
Let me know in the comments if any of these solutions worked for you!