A step-by-step guide on how to retrieve deleted text messages on Motorola Android phones using data recovery apps and SMS backup files in under 160 characters.
Use a Data Recovery App
One of the easiest ways to recover deleted texts on Motorola phones is by using a third party Android data recovery app.
These apps scan your phone’s internal memory and SD card to find and restore deleted data.
Here are some of the best data recovery apps for Motorola Android phones:
- Dr.Fone – Android Data Recovery
- FoneDog Toolkit – Android Data Recovery
- EaseUS MobiSaver for Android
To use a data recovery app on your Motorola device:
- Download and install the app on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your Motorola phone.
- Connect the phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Select the deleted SMS recovery option in the app.
- The app will scan your phone and list all recoverable files.
- Preview and select the text messages you want to restore.
- Recover the SMS to your computer or back to your device.
Restore from Google Backup
If you had Google backup enabled, you can restore deleted texts from your Google account.
- Open Settings and go to System > Backup.
- Tap on Backup Data. Select SMS and call log data.
- Tap on Restore to device to retrieve deleted texts from Google backup.
Retrieve from Local Backup Files
If you have a local backup of your Motorola device, you can use it to retrieve deleted text messages.
- Connect your phone to a computer.
- Access the SMS backup folder on your phone’s storage.
- Copy the SMS backup files to your computer.
- Use a backup viewer app to open the files on your PC.
- Browse the messages and export the deleted texts you want to recover.
- Transfer the SMS back to your Motorola phone.
Can I recover permanently deleted text messages?
Most Android data recovery apps can retrieve even permanently deleted texts as long as they were not overwritten by new data. However, the sooner you run the recovery, the better the chances.
Will I lose my current text messages if I restore from backup?
Restoring SMS backup will only add the deleted messages back to your device. Your existing conversations will remain intact.