Want to take a break from your Pandora music station? Here are some simple ways to stop the music playback on your Android phone or tablet.
Close the Pandora App
The easiest way to stop Pandora streaming is to simply close the app.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to open the notification tray.
- Look for the Pandora app icon and swipe it sideways to dismiss it.
- This will close the Pandora app and stop any music that is playing.
Use the Device’s Media Controls
You can also pause Pandora using your phone’s media controls:
- Pull down the notification shade and tap on the media player widget.
- Tap on the pause button in the center to stop playback.
This will pause Pandora without having to open the app.
Disconnect Bluetooth or External Speakers
If you’re streaming Pandora to external Bluetooth speakers or your car stereo, disconnecting those devices is another way to stop the audio.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to Connected Devices > Bluetooth.
- Tap on the Settings icon next to your connected Bluetooth device.
- Select Disconnect to stop streaming Pandora to that device.
Can I resume playback later?
Yes, Pandora will remember your place if you want to listen again later. Just reopen the app and your station will resume from where you left off.
Will I lose my place if I force close the app?
Force closing the Pandora app from your device’s app manager will reset your playback position. Pandora won’t remember where you left off if you force stop it.
Stopping playback on Pandora for Android is easy – just close the app, pause from the notification tray, or disconnect any connected Bluetooth devices. Now you can take a break without losing your place in that station you were enjoying!